We have special code on all of our department WordPress websites, and can look at some amazing data about visitors and the sources of their visits.
We have a way for campus website Editors to view statistics for their websites. To view web statistics for your WordPress website:
- Log into WordPress with your netID and password.
- Choose your website from the list of My Sites in the top left corner.
- In the Analytics section on your Dashboard, choose a date range from the dropdown menus.
- Choose the Submit button.
Here is the data you will see:
A list of the pages in your website; and for each of those pages:
- URL: The Web address of the page.
- Page Views: The total number of times the page was viewed (including the same person viewing the page more than one time).
- Unique Page Views: The number of times the page was viewed by a different person or different computer.
- Avg Time on Page: The average amount of time a person spends on that page.
If you have any questions, please let us know.