Remember Web Page Counters?
We don’t really use “counters” anymore. We now use a sophisticated system called Analytics. We have special code on all of our department Contribute websites, and can look at some amazing data about visitors and the sources of their visits.
We have a way for campus web publishers to view statistics for their websites. To view web statistics for your Contribute website:
- Go to the URL below and log in with your netID and password.
- Choose a date range from the drop-down menu and click Submit.
- You will see results for each site that you are a Contribute Publisher for. Use the tabs to move among more than one website.
Here is the data you will see:
A list of the pages in your website; and for each of those pages:
- URL: The Web address of the page.
- Views: The total number of times the page was viewed (including the same person viewing the page more than one time).
- Unique Views: The number of times the page was viewed by a different person or different computer.
- Avg Time on Page: The average amount of time that all persons spent viewing the page.
- Source: The “referring” website, i.e. the website that sent the user to your web page.
- Visits: The number of visits from the referring website.
Here is the link (available on campus or via VPN only):
If you see an error page stating that there is a certificate error on the page, please click “Continue to the website.” If you have trouble, call Tech Support for help (206-6000).
If you have any questions, please let us know.