Sangamon Auditorium is always looking for ways to extend the experience for our audience members.
Workshops and Special Activities -
Whenever possible, Sangamon Auditorium plans opportunities for audience members to interact with the performers.
- Young tap students worked with one of the greats, Savion Glover, to enhance their understanding of rhythm and meter.
- Area guitar players attended a workshop with Stanley Jordan, learning about his practice methods.
- A handful of local musicians and composers sat down with the members of Time for Three to discuss their creative process.
- Princess Fiona from Shrek The Musical met with several young fans before the performance, posing for photos and answering questions about life as a professional actress.
- The Springfield Choral Society worked with Jace Wittig, music director of Chanticleer, in a master class setting to give more depth and emotion to thier music.
Lobby Activities - Before each event in our UIS Family Series, we provide free activities for children. Often, community groups will participate and lead activities that are related to themes in the show.
Collaborative Projects - Sangamon Auditorium staff are currently working with Fifth House Ensemble and several UIS faculty members to create a new performance event called Invoking the Muse.
Partnerships - Sangamon Auditorium is happy to work with local groups and organizations to plan activities. In recent years we have worked with the Girl Scouts of Central Illinois to create special pre-show activities for the girls.
For more information about any of these activities, or if you have idea for working with Sangamon Auditorium, please contact Amy Zepp at 217.206.6150 or email@example.com.