Illinois Innocence Project
- To evaluate and investigate cases for credible claims of an Illinois inmate’s actual innocence, and, when appropriate, provide legal representation and/or other assistance toward proving the inmate’s actual innocence (Download a PDF copy of our Attorney Case Referral Form);
- To encourage meaningful reforms toward preventing the conviction of innocent persons in the future;
- To educate the public and provide important educational and experiential opportunities for students about wrongful convictions.
Illinois Innocence Project Fund
7th Annual Defenders of the Innocent Awards Short Film
Please take a moment to watch this short film sharing the stories of some of our clients and their families. Stay tuned for photos from the awards dinner!
Peggy Jo Jackson
The Illinois Innocence Project celebrated the clemency of Peggy Jo Jackson who had been wrongfully imprisoned for over 26 years.
- UIS Illinois Innocence Project helps free Peggy Jo Jackson from prison
- Illinois Innocence Project Helps Free Convicted Woman
- UIS-based group helps free woman accused of husband’s murder
- Innocence Project helps free another person from prison
The Illinois Innocence Project celebrated the release of Anthony Murray who had been wrongfully imprisoned for over 14 years.
- Illinois man pleads no contest in fatal stabbing, will leave prison after 14 years
- Innocent, but still guilty
- Innocence Project helps free Chicago man
- UIS Illinois Innocence Project helps innocent man gain freedom in Marion County case
- IL Innocence Project Helps Free Man Accused In Marion County Murder
- Rejecting the Innocent