June 8-11, 2009
Student Center East, University of Illinois
The American Gas Association offers
this four day program which offers intensive study of the natural gas
industry and its regulation. Taught by recognized experts in the field,
this program focuses on the details of ratemaking through intensive
classroom work, study groups and lectures. This program is sponsored
by the Center for Business and Regulation in
the College of Business and Management at
the University of Illinois
at Springfield. The course will be held at the University of Illinois'
Course of Study
- Regulation touches nearly every aspect of the natural gas industry.
This course will consider the policy and practice of state and Federal
regulation of the industry.
Finance and Accounting
- Regulation depends critically on accounting and finance to determine
reasonable profits and rates.
- Economic theory provides the basic foundation for the ratemaking
Innovative Costing and Ratemaking
- The natural gas distribution industry is facing a fundamental change
in the consumption pattern of consumers. Revenue stability and proper
pricing signals will be explored.
Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- With the dramatic increase in natural gas prices in the past decade
regulators, consumers, and utilities are exploring ways to promote
efficient consumption choices. This section of the course will explore
ways to efficiently promote conservations efforts.
- AGA Members, $1250
- Non-AGA members, $1500
by mail or fax (pdf)
- Deadlines: Payments by mail or fax must be received
by June 3, 2009 5PM CDT. Online registration will close on June 5,
2009. Late registration is available online until June 7, 2009. Conference
materials will be provided to late registrants as available.
- Cancellation: Cancellations will be accepted until
May 22nd with full refund when requested in writing. After May 22,
2009 refunds are subject to a $75 processing fee. No cancellations
may be made after June 7, 2009. Substitutes are allowed at any time
by contacting CBR at firstname.lastname@example.org. If
the program is not held for any reason, CBR's liability is limited
to a refund of the program fee.
Registration fees include:
- Course Materials
- Meals include daily continental breakfast and lunch
- Monday welcome reception
- Wednesday evening group dinner
at Medical District /UIC, just one block south of Interstate
290, is removed from the congestion of Chicago's Loop, yet just minutes
from downtown. It is an elegant, European-style hotel located near
the University of Illinois at Chicago campus. It offers complimentary
shuttle service within a one-mile radius of the hotel.
- The Marriott Chicago Medical District/UIC host hotel has a special
rate of $219 per night for the AGA Conference 6/7- 6/11/2009.
- To make reservations please call 800-356-3641.
- Please do not forget to mention the AGA rates school.
- If you have any questions you may contact Norma Badal, Senior Sales
Manager at email@example.com.
- Complimentary shuttle service will be offered to and from UIC.
- Attendees are responsible for their own accommodations and must
make their own reservations.
The University of Illinois
at Chicago is situated just west of Chicagoís loop central business
district. Get directions,
information on parking, and mass transit.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is situated in the heart of
the vibrant metropolis. Explore
the attraction that is Chicago.