- Illinois Articulation Initiative
- Transfer Students and General Education/ECCE Requirements
- Upper-Level ECCE information and Advising Guides
- General Education Advising Guides
The Illinois Articulation Initiative is a statewide agreement designed to allow students to transfer general education credit, as well as credit earned in select majors, between participating institutions. UIS has participated in IAI since the summer of 1998.
The IAI General Education Core Curriculum is a package of lower-division general education courses that can transfer from one participating school to another to fulfill the lower-division general education requirements.
The core curriculum package consists of at least 12 to 13 courses (37 to 41 semester credits) in five fields or categories.
Completion of the entire IAI General Education Core Curriculum satisfies lower-division general education requirement for a bachelor’s degree at UIS, except for Comparative Societies Categories.
UIS also participates in certain of IAI’s Baccalaureate Majors Recommendations, which means that students may be able to transfer courses in the major between participating institutions without loss of credit.
Contact an academic adviser for additional information or go to www.iTransfer.org.
IAI (37-41 lower division hours)
- 2 writing courses (6 hours)
- 1 oral communication course (3 hours)
- Science (7-8 hours; 1 lab course; one course must be in physical science, the other in life science
- Math (3-6 hours)
- Humanities (9 hours; 3 hours must be in Fine Arts)
- Social Sciences (9 hours)